Our policy for protecting your online privacy
Last updated: November 09, 2023
What information is collected
We collect and process information about you when you browse our websites, engage with our pages on social media, provide it to us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail. This includes:
Personally identifiable information (your first and last names, username or similar identifier); contact information (company name, address, email, telephone number); profile information (username, password); feedback and response information (when you leave us your feedback, participate in the surveys, report issues with the services, contact customer support, reach us via online chat and message boards, and other related information); financial information (VAT number, data related to your payment method such as valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date that we may collect when you use our services, PayPal or other payment details); transaction information (details about the purchases you make on our website and other billing info); marketing information (your interests and preferences in receiving marketing communications and how you engage with them), etc.
Automatically collected information
When you use the Website or the Services, our servers automatically record log files - certain information sent by your web browser. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, a unique user ID, device and browser types and identifiers, software and system type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed directly before and after accessing the Website, mobile carrier, the country, region, and city, and other information about your usage of Gridly services.
Gridly uses this information to: remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Gridly services; provide customized advertisements, content, and information; monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; monitor and store aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
Information from other sources
Use of your information
Having accurate information about you allows us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
- Create and manage your account; fulfill, manage and process orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Website; email you regarding your account or order; perform other business activities as needed.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties; monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Website; test changes in our services and develop new features and products
- Deliver targeted advertising, offer new products, services, and/or recommendations, administer promotions and contests, email you the newsletter with special industry information, company news, special offers we think you might like.
- Ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; make future visits to the Website more personalized; notify you of updates to the Website; request feedback and contact you about your use of the Website.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems; respond to product and customer service requests; solicit support and increase the efficiency and operation of the Website.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity; meet legal retention periods.
- For any other purposes with your consent.
We do not sell any of your personal data. However, to be able to provide our services to you and to run our business, we share limited or minimum essential data with the third parties from the following categories:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
- Those that provide professional services to us, e.g. advertising, web hosting providers.
- Law enforcement and other government authorities, e.g. tax offices.
Gridly uses third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help understand use of the Service. Find more about how Google collects and processes data here.
The use of your information by the third parties is governed by their privacy policies or contracts signed between us and them. When disclosing information to the third parties, we authorize them to use the information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and we require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
Your information may be processed by Gridly, Gridly and our trusted partners outside of your home country. We implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure.
Gridly may periodically send marketing or promotional emails to you related to our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive them, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of any email from us or send us a request to email@example.com.
How your data is stored
We take reasonable precautions and follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the data we store.
As a Swedish company, we should retain the financial data and business records for the minimum 7 years according to the requirements by The Swedish Tax Agency. We can delete your personal data from our databases after your request, as long as it complies with the legal enforcements. If you delete your Gridly account we have processes designed to delete your personal data within approximately one month.
How we respond to DNT signals
Currently, we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings.
Your data protection rights
Gridly would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
What Are Cookies
When you use Gridly website or our services (“Gridly”, the “Service”), we may send one or more “cookies” – a small data file – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may convey anonymous information about how you browse the Service to us.
A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Email related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you. From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the platform is delivered. While we are testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site. The aim being to allow us to understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we provide services, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually place an order and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Gridly AB C/O Localize Direct Henckels Torg 4, 252 36 Helsingborg, Sweden