Scroll through what was released each month
to review the latest product updates.
Simplified settings of automation actions
Setting up Automations is now easier than ever thanks to the simplified selection of data used in automation actions. The update applies to all automation actions and allows you to easily choose which columns or other objects you want to use in your automation workflows.
- Check out all available automation actions
Record duplication for faster content creation
There is no need to create similar records from scratch anymore. You can now duplicate existing ones, including all column data, and tweak them as needed.
Select any number of records, right-click, and duplicate. Gridly will ensure that the record IDs in your Grid are unique by auto-generating new ones for the duplicated records.
- Learn more about duplicating records
Revamped record history to control cell updates
Track changes in your content down to the smallest detail with the revamped record history interface with a new diff checker telling you which words were altered, how they were modified, and by whom.
A thorough comparison of cell updates is available to you, including the number of removed and added words, along with the ability to roll back changes or copy the text to your clipboard.
- Learn more about record history
Figma plugin: screenshots and handling of duplicated text
Provide translators or testers with full context thanks to screenshots generated automatically from the objects sent from Figma to Gridly and available right next to the corresponding text.
Progress faster with translations thanks to efficient handling of duplicated text. The Figma plugin now allows grouping of the same text and updating its translation in bulk.
- Explore all the features of the Figma plugin
Import enhancements for smoother adding of content
The updated file import interface allows you to remove records that aren’t in the imported file. In the import review, you can also check which records will be added, updated, or removed by filtering them out.
Localization import, which allows you to easily import translations into your existing records, has a whole new section under Localization settings where you can set up import warnings and default actions for issues detected during the localization import.
Other updates released in January
- Ability to set the length limit for target languages based on the length of the source text
- Indication of which cells were translated by Gridly AI
- Ability to create branches via Gridly API
- Ability to create a branch from a view
- Ticket export amended with additional fields (Record ID, original and current content, user comments).
Recycle bin to store deleted records
Grids and their branches now have a recycle bin. Any record deleted by any user or tool is still there for you, easily accessible and restorable back to your Grid. Even when you empty the bin, you can still restore the content from daily automated backups.
When importing a file, you can choose to reflect the content in the file. If there are records in the Grid but not in the file, they can be moved to the recycle bin during import.
Look for the new recycle bin in the bottom-right corner of your Grids.
Check out documentation for Recycle Bin
Cell status for machine-translated content
Cells modified by machine translation tools have a new status to indicate machine translation. Note that machine-translated content isn’t stored in the Translation Memory until it is edited.
Plus, you can filter out content modified by a translation tool, an automation action, or even a user with updated conditions for view filters.
Learn more about using Machine Translation
Other updates released in December
- Creating view filters in personal views
- New column & view filter for Tags
- Ability to fill color on whole columns
- Figma plugin supports excluding non-visible text
Revamped ticket center
Make collaboration among translators, testers, and managers go smoothly and keep control over your localization QA workflow with the new ticketing system.
Get the full picture of issues within tickets, enhanced with snapshots of related content and the ability to add various attachments, such as screenshots and other imagery. Tag your team members in the ticket description or comments for instant notifications.
Effortlessly filter content with open tickets or utilize search and filtering options in the ticket center to concentrate on matters requiring your attention.
- Learn more about the new ticketing system
Enhancements in length checking
Setting up a text length limit for an entire column or range of cells is now as easy as ABC. Simply select or filter out cells and right-click on the selection or column header to set it up.
Want to quickly check which cells in a column exceed or don’t have the length limit set up? Use column quick-filters to get the results instantly.
- More about how you can use length-checking
Retrieve translations from TM based on Record IDs
Record IDs, which serve as identifiers for strings and translations, are now supported within the Translation Memory to retrieve different translations for the same source text but with different context. Navigate to Localization settings and enable it under your Translation Memory setup.
- Explore how to set up Translation Memory
Other updates released in November
- Support for using the “Set value” function for multiple columns
- Creating IF conditions for multiple columns in one step
- Record history filter enhancements
- Branching and merging UI updates
- Ability to select in which workflow steps the Phrase add-on pushes data back to Gridly
- Ability to select all language pairs in the AutoQA add-on
AI-assisted translation: faster, better, easier
Accelerate your translation performance with the assistance of AI capable of working with context, suggesting alternatives, or shortening and auto-correcting texts.
Thanks to the fine-tuned large language model embedded into a streamlined interface, you can generate AI translations for any source text in your Grid with a single click. Check out the new AI-assisted translation available for all Gridly users while in Beta release.
>> Learn more about AI-assisted translation
Other updates released in October
- Ability to format DateTime value returned in the Formula column
- Allow users to copy and share the URLs of files attached to a Grid
- Search for language names within the Localization column
Introducing Figma plugin
Manage and localize text in Figma designs with the new Gridly plugin, now available in Figma's marketplace. Instantly verify if new languages and text updates work with your designs and avoid endless back-and-forth with translators and product managers.
Push text from Figma into Gridly’s spreadsheet-like interface to facilitate quick updates, add multiple languages, and then pull translations back into Figma. Centralize text content from multiple Figma designs in one place where you can keep control over updates across all languages.
Learn more about the Figma plugin here.
Glossaries supported for machine translation services
Google Translate and Amazon Translate automation actions now support the use of Glossaries to determine how particular terms should be translated. Upload Glossary files in CSV format within automation workflows to make sure specific terms are translated as needed.
Detecting special characters in Grids (Beta)
Click on the new icon with the paragraph symbol in the Grid’s toolbar to enable the detection of special characters, including white spaces, symbols, accent marks, or punctuation. Once activated, all of those will be highlighted in your Grid content.
Special characters detection is currently in beta, and we welcome any feedback on how to further enhance it.
Other updates released in September
- Ability to choose character encoding for CSV file export
- Allow translators to view and run Automations in Grid settings
- Caching for Translation Memory
- Difference check improvements for merging of branches
- Ability to open Grids in a new tab when pressing Ctrl/Cmd or the middle mouse button
Gridly welcomes GPT-4
It was only three months ago when the introduction of ChatGPT prompts started creating incredible AI-powered opportunities in Gridly, specifically prompts for the GPT 3.5 models.
Now, OpenAI’s younger yet more powerful offspring is here: GPT-4, equipped with many more parameters and trained on extensive data.
Check out the new automation, which empowers you to run prompts for OpenAI’s GPT-4 large language model directly within your content. Chat with GPT-4 is available as a paid add-on for all professional and enterprise users.
If you’ve already subscribed to GPT-4, all you need to do is bring over your OpenAI API key and you can start prompting right away in Gridly.
Learn more about the new automation action: Chat with GPT-4
As easy as ABC: setting up access and rights for translators
You now have full flexibility in setting up which languages translators can work on when inviting them to your Gridly account. You can assign specific language pairs and even offer unassigned language pairs as read-only references.
Learn more about how to manage access for Translators
Other updates released in August
- Ability to export system columns within the file export.
- Export/Import to/from multiple Excel sheets defined by Paths
- New function: ExtractJsonPath to get values from a property of a JSON object
- Support for allowing Translators to run Automations
- [Gridly API] Ability to create, get, and disable publicly shared Views
Automation steps: Google and Amazon Loc Translate
Forget using machine translation for each individual language pair, (pre-)translate all your languages in one step. It’s never been easier with the new automation steps for Google and Amazon Translate.
Google Loc Translate and Amazon Loc Translate allow you to translate multiple languages at once by using these machine translation engines.
All you need to do is select your source language and pick the target ones you want to translate into. The automation step can do it all at once when a new record is added, an existing one updated, or you can trigger it manually for selected cells.
Grids are the fundamental Gridly building blocks. To describe a Grid's purpose and help understand the context of intended use, you can now add additional information and metadata, or attach entire documents to any of them.
In settings, which are accessible from the side panel, you can also set the default status for new source language records in the Grid and see information about when was the Grid created, by whom, and when it was last updated.
More updates released in July 2023
- Ability to format the DateTime results given by the Formula column.
- Timezone settings for the DateTime column type.
- Support for managing shared groups when creating a new branch.
- Ability to import multiple localization files at once with drag-and-drop.
- Set the up-to-date status for all unchanged translations during Localization import.
Want to review content updated in the previous week at your team's weekly meeting? Or automatically share strings with a DateTime set to tomorrow in your Slack channel to chase a due date? All this and more is now possible with updated filtering conditions.
You can use time-relative filtering to create views that are updated dynamically based on the selected timeframe. Moreover, you can use the IF action with time-relative conditions to determine which records your Automations should trigger on.
Custom LQA models
Log issues in a way that complies with your localization QA requirements. Create new types of issues, adjust criteria, or set the whole LQA model in a different language to support non-English-speaking testers.
You can create your own LQA model in Localization Settings with an easy-to-use template and assign it to desired projects.
Access protection with IP whitelisting
Protect your content in Gridly by enabling access from your company network only. Set a list of permitted IP addresses in Company settings under Security. Access protection with IP whitelisting is now available for all Enterprise accounts.
Faster and more powerful grid search
Find the text you're looking for faster with optimized search performance. Take advantage of wildcard characters in your search terms to find all the different spellings and word forms.
Localization import improvements
- Import multiple localization files at once with drag-and-drop.
- Import empty translations.
- Set dependency status during import, allowing you to accept unchanged translations.
More updates released in June 2023
- Ability to let translators access other languages in read-only mode.
- Lambda runtime for Python 3.10.
- Statistics for Content Delivery Network (CDN) file bandwidth.
- Get record history [Gridly API].
- Support for tracking format changes in the Grid history [Enterprise].
- Support manual import for memoQ integration.
Knock, knock, GPT’s here!
With new automation steps, you can now run prompts to translate, proofread, generate, or summarize your content and use your data in Gridly as context to help obtain more accurate results.
Request early access and start testing AI in your flows, we’ll guide you through.
Leverage OpenAI’s gigantic AI models with billions of parameters in Gridly to update existing or generate new cell data. Texts (GPT) or images (Dall-E), we’ve got you covered.
Spell and grammar checker
Cell editing mode auto-detects spelling, grammatical or style issues in more than 30 languages and helps you tackle them with descriptions, highlights, and suggestions. Available as an open Beta for all users, you can turn on spell check at the top bar of your Grid.
Built-in length tracking
Set up a length limit for a cell, a range of cells, or define a special column with length values when importing strings to your Grid. Built-in length tracking enables you to detect overlaps in your languages and easily filter them out.
Localization import improvements
The revamped localization import now auto-detects issues, such as missing records or changes in source text, and provides solutions you can apply, one by one in detail or all together in bulk.
Importing multiple sheets from an Excel file
Import multiple sheets from an Excel file into one Grid, map the columns easily, and set the order of imported records as you need. Review and filter all content in one place and reduce the number of localization exports and imports later.
Need to import to separate Grids for some reason? We’ve got your back as well.
- Automation action: Asana Task Creation
- New programming languages supported in runtimes of Lambda functions
- Support selecting multiple options at once for the multi-select column type
- Ability to use a text column for naming files generated by Automations
Publish content from Gridly with CDN
Get your content live faster and with High Availability. Gridly Content Delivery Network (CDN) enables you to streamline your publishing workflow and push content from your Grids directly in your live apps, games.
In your Grid, you can now generate a link to a JSON file, the content of which will be available to your audience around the world at lightning speed thanks to the CDN powered by CloudFront.
Personal views, available to all Professional and Enterprise accounts, can only be seen by the person who created them. Thus, allowing you to stay organized and focused on the information that's most important to you.
- Gridly UI available in Japanese
- Ability to download multiple files at once from a selected range of files type cells
- Support for using Lexicons in text-to-speech automation
- Ability to use the set-value automation to set the dependency status
- Ability to use the set-value automation to format cells without changing a cell value
- New Function - DateTimeAdd, to add specified units to a datetime
- New Function - DateTimeDiff, to return the difference between datetimes
- Support for importing Excel files with multiple sheets into separate Grids
- Import/export of alternative glossary terms
- Bulk approval for glossary terms
Push and pull content from Phrase based on job statuses
Configure content you want to import from Phrase based on job statuses and use segmentationRule and targetSegmentationRule when creating a job.
- Ability to auto-assign a path when creating new records
Gridly UI available in Chinese, nǐ hǎo!
Released as a public Beta available for all tiers, users can configure the language used in Gridly UI to Chinese, either manually or based on the browser language.
Send discord messages with the new automation step
Create customized messages and post them to your channels on Discord automatically or with just a click of a button. Keep your team informed about new content updates, tickets, comments, and more without having to switch between platforms and write posts manually.
Keep your company’s security in check with AuditLog
Get a detailed overview of who updated a Grid, invited a new member, or created a new view. Using the Audit log, available for all enterprise tier customers, you can filter events by date range, author, and category, making it easy to find specific events.
- DateTime format for quick filters, If conditions, and Set Value steps
- Ability to apply multiple translation memories and termbases to a project
- Bulk creation of a branch for multiple Grids
- Automation step: Formula Editor
- Automation step: Set Value
- triggerTime - attribute to store time when a trigger fires
- notBetween - operator for trigger conditions
- Aggregations for formula-type columns
- Support for executing automations for tickets and comments in all views
- [Gridly API] Support for creating multiple filters at once
- Ability to overwrite existing translations with Translation Memory
- Ability to create references to a branch
- Support for comparison and merging of data references
- Search tickets by ticket ID
- Search users by email address
- Support for SSML voice configuration in the text-to-speech conversion
- Ability to add Grids to Favorites
- Translation Memory editor
- Ability to export Grid history
- Detection of duplicated columns when creating Grids from a file
- String translation template
- Sentiment analysis template
- Text to Speech template
- Import and export of Tags, Glossaries, and Translation Memory in XLSX format
- “Created by” and “Created time” metadata available for records in Grids
- Filtering for the formula-type column
- Automations: create workflows with automated actions
- Backup & restore on a Grid level
- Updates on UI and UX for column quick filters
- Record history: show before and after states on changes
- Project GUID record ID generation
- Localization import improvements: Support for the ability to preview data and keep track of changes before importing
- Queries: combine and manage content from multiple Grids
- Company settings management updated
- Read-only API keys
- Ability to add do-not-translate records to localization export
- Filter/find target languages in translation memory export
- Support for special and accented characters in Quick filters
- Case-sensitive mode for Quick filters
- New user privilege: Manage user invitation capability
- Auto-creating records for copy and paste actions
- Path filtering updated to support Path’s children
- Translation memory export and import in CSV format
- “Clear all” button in column quick filters
- Glossary dashboard with recent entries
- Ability to manage metadata for Glossaries
- Ability to manage metadata for Glossary Terms
- Export and import of Glossaries in TBX format
- Reordering of Projects, Databases and Grids in the main dashboard
- Issue tracking for localization import updated
- Support for real-time updates of Paths
- Link sharing to a specific cell and range
- New function - Color(value), to return color based on color names
- Zero-width space characters detection in the translator and editor views
- View filter operators for matching regular expressions and data between two values
- Ability to configure database back-ups
- New shortcut - Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + U, to add a translation to the Translation Memory
- New shortcut - Ctrl/Cmd + Alt/Opt + T, to apply the Translation Memory
- [Gridly connector] User metadata for jobs executed
- [Gridly connector] Automapping for columns when creating new connections
- [Gridly API] Support for updating Source status
- [Gridly API] Support for updating Translation Memory
- [Gridly API] Allow validation when updating records
- Detailed diff-checking when merging Grids
- Copy/paste entire column content by selecting their headers
- Options to require SSO/SAML access for selected domains and users
- Password expiration policy and security standards settings
- Performance improvements for CSV and XLSX import/export
- Loading time & latency reduced by frontend optimization
- Ability to define column types when importing CSV or XLSX
- Ability to edit a column type, name, and ID when creating/importing a translation Grid.
- Allow importing records to a specific path
- New function - ExtractDigits, to extract digits from a string
- New function - PathAsList, to convert paths to strings
- Support for a PDF preview in files columns
- Ability to export a glossary in CSV format
- Allow pushing/pulling all translation to/from Translation Memory (TM)
- Ability to mark dependencies and approve TM translations in a view
- [Gridly API] Support resizing columns in a Grid
- [Gridly API] Support deleting files in cells using file IDs
- Gridly connector with ability to connect to GSheets, MySQL, and Postgres
- Extended view interface
- Support for hyperlinks in rich text columns
- Ability to import referenced columns
- Support for internal ID in localization import and export
- Ability to merge the master branch to other branches
- [Memsource] Support for assigning providers to jobs based on project templates
- New formula - LastModifiedTime(column): returns the last modified time of a record or a specified column field
- [Gridly API] Support for updating columnId the same way as within UI
- [Gridly API] Support for creating views
- [Gridly API] Support for searching Grids by names
- Ability to copy/paste cells with background colors
- Detect and skip duplicated record IDs in JSON import
- Support referencing of single selection types of columns
- New formulas to check column dependency status: IsStatus(column, status), IsStatusOutOfDate, IsStatusUnset, IsStatusUpToDate, Status (column)
- Ability to search by Grid names in global search
- Ability to use record IDs as references
- Support more UNDO and REDO actions.
- New use cases regarding public APIs and SDK.
- Support Grid name search in global search function.
- Ability to create/restore a backup on a Database level.
- Enhancements in Paths: drag and drop to re-locate/re-arrange folders in Path’s directory.
- UNDO and REDO ability for actions in a cell, column, or record
- Global search functionality released
- Ability to save work in progress when creating a column
- Advanced copy and paste
- API functionality enhanced with support for merging Views
- Tags released: the ability to detect and manage non-translatable text elements in cells
- A new operator added to filters: “does not contain”
- Allow horizontal scrolling with shift+mouse wheel
- Duplicating of columns: ability to create a new column with the same properties of an existing column
- Allow exporting of only selected columns to a JSON file
- Ability to tag someone in a comment or ticket & email notifications for tagged users
- Path tags: optimized performance & UI
- Glossaries released: multi-language termbases for localization Grids. Gridly automatically detects Glossary terms in source text and offers correct translations for target languages that can be easily inserted.
- OR Condition: enables combining filters in columns with the OR operator.
- Grid UI optimization (cell editing, column editing, record history, context menus).
- New Formulas: Longest and Shortest functions that allow users to find the longest/shortest word from a list.
- Column Properties: header information and a new field for column description added.
- New Trigger added—enabling the trigger to watch a specific column.
- Allow Record ID to be unique only within Path Tags (folders). Allows non-unique IDs in Gridly but IDs must be unique within a unique Path Tag.
- Upload of ZIP files: now upload multiple files in a ZIP archive to one Grid and map records with Record ID.
- Allow mapping properties of JSON files to columns in Gridly.
- Upgrade of the search engine (Elasticsearch) to provide faster and more accurate results.
- Allow horizontal scrolling for windows users with SHIFT and a mouse wheel.
- Infrastructure and performance optimization
- SDKs for .NET Core and C# released
- API for localization QA testing
- True(), False() functions added to formulas
- Localization Quality Assessment (LQA) Add-on
- AWS Lambda support for Triggers: allows running of code using the AWS serverless compute service
- Triggers enhancement: work with multiple events at once
- Filtering by cell color and by using RegEx
- Find and Replace feature
- Filtering for records sent by Triggers from a View
- General Search: search through texts across all columns and data types
- Export in .PO file format
- Branching enhancement: ability to merge a branch with any other branch
- Undo import: allows reverting of an import action
- New column type—Formulas
- Two-factor authentication
- Network latency improvements
- Public Templates
- Cell Preview
- Support for .PO files
- memoQ Add-on public launch
- Search Translation memory released
- Inviting users to Gridly via importing a .CSV file allowed
- Preview for import data
- Import log with information about status of an import
- Support for TAB delimiters in CSV files added
- Public API for version control added
- Grid history included when embedding Grids
- Templates introduced: Grids can be saved as Templates and new Grids can be created out of them including data, views, and groups.
- JSON support: data can be imported to Grids from JSON files and exported back to JSON with updated translations
- Unified command line interface released on GitHub
- Localization export to XLS files revamped
- New shortcuts for navigating to beginning/end of records
- Ability to include and exclude up-to-date translations for the Localization export and the Memsource add-on
- Support for quick filters and quick sorting when exporting translations
- Views, shared Groups, and Grid settings included in Branching and also in the Grid duplication feature
- Duplication of Databases allowed
- A beta version of the memoQ add-on released
- New JSON Editor
- Public sharing of Grids allowed
- Manual triggers
- Option to give translators all language access
- Dependency status filter for file columns
- Memsource Add-on: ability to push a new job into existing projects
- Grid’s metadata APIs
- Enabled option to turn off highlight text in Localization Exports
- Enabled importing of multiple and single selection column types
- Introduced manual trigger
- Improved JSON column display
- Introduced decimal format in number column
- List and Retrieve APIs for Projects, Databases, Grids and Views
- Add translation memory filter in View
- Copy cell by vertically dragging
- Allow creating a new record with deleted record ID
- Autofill data of a column
- Import/ Export .CSV APIs
- Introduce new filter operator
is notfor target language column
- Alllow disabling translation memory
- Allow column mapping on Grid upload
- Allow direct cell edits in comment dashboard
- Allow Record ID change
- Filter comments by status
- Path tag mapping option for uploading folder structure
- Support creating single-step in multiple-steps
- Memsource add-on
- Translation dashboard
- API Key Management
- Dependency option in View Filter (‘Out-of-date’, ‘Up-to-date’, ‘Unset’)
- Upload files from folder to column
- TM fuzzy setting
- Automatically detect excel version when importing
- Added list accessible entities by API key
- Added dependency information to View API
- Added fetching records with query criteria to View API
- Allowed to export different source languages in Translation Memory
- Allowed to delete Translation Memory
- Supported more character encodes beside UTF-8
- Increased record selection range to 300
- Allowed to change the column ID
- Extend the list of supported languages
- Allow specifying language pairs for translators in multi-step localization
- Allow user to regenerate their own API key
- Enable translation memory in multi-step localization grid
- Show dependency changes in record history
- Fix merging with dependency
- Fix delimiter detection incorrectly when a single line contains newline character
- Improve scrolling experience on Windows
- Uploading file via API
- Add whitelisting IPs for webhook
- Introduced multi-step localization setup
- Support of semi-colon and tilde in .csv import/ export
- Keep column order when importing to create a localization grid
- Comment dashboard
- Click-to-zoom images on file column
- Visible column width indicator when resizing
- Allow the ability to set and fetch path via API
- Introduce in-app feedback button and link to support site